Sunday, May 17, 2009

Time for a new Post

Well, it's been three months, I guess it's time again to post. First, an update on us. Kevin has adjusted well to his new job and we are still so grateful for a job. Jobs are harder and harder to come by and this one pays the bills and starting in June, we will have excellent insurance coverage, which is a nice bonus. Especially considering I just had knee surgery this week. I tore my ACL playing soccer, of course, and just had it repaired. I was one of the rare ones who has so much swelling and stiffness before the surgery that the doc put the surgery out 7 weeks from my injury and I have been having to do physical therapy, thank goodness his grandparents live down the road and can help watch him so much while I go to all those appointments. Now we will begin all over again with a new knee. They took two of my 3 inner hamstring tendons and rebuilt my tendon. Thank goodness for parents who are retired, they were a big help as I didn't move so much for the next week after. As for Cole, he is totally hanging in there. He and I have adjusted to Kevin working 10 hour days 5-6 days a week, and Cole is putting up with me quite well. He has been very cute about my bad knee, kissing it whenever needed to help it feel better. He is so excited to have my parents and their dog, Daisy here to just dote on him. He knows the sun raises and sets with him and he is eating it up. He is two and a half and hitting and throwing fits in fine form these days, but the next minute loving on mom and so happy to have a truck in his hand. We can't get enough of him, if you couldn't tell by all the pictures all the time. We are so grateful for all of our family and friends and all the love, support, and prayers on our behalf.

1 comment:

Elizabeth "Betsy" said...

Ouch! Sorry it was so bad - hope you're doing okay, getting all the help you need - so nice to have your parents available right now! I love to hear your updates. Miss you!